I was born and lived in Gloucestershire for 35 years with my normal job being office based mainly in I.T.
I eventually moved to Cornwall in 2011 and worked in Penzance where I continued in the I.T. role, however living by the sea and adapting to the Cornish way of life, meant I soon wanted to explore life a lot more which also included scuba diving.
In Nov 2017, I quit my normal office based job and decided to explore my creative side by going self employed, starting with photography but also making art using fused glass.
2018/2019 has been a learning phase, with photography (Perchance Photography) I am currently a student studying and aiming to achieve my LRPS in 2020 and with fused glass i am constantly watching and learning and where possible attending masterclass workshops.
In April 2019 I built my own home workshop dedicated to my glass where I can continue to learn and create more glass art work.
Glass Artwork and Photography Prints can be purchased from my David Perry Glass website (previously called Perchance Design) or via my Etsy shop along with our shared gallery shop in St. Agnes, Cornwall (St.Agnes Station Crafts).
1/2 day photography workshop with Carla Regler in Porthleven
June 2018 – Current
Student at South West Photography School in Bodmin (2 year course) – studying for a Licentiate of The Royal Photographic Society
Oct 2017 – Feb 2019
Workshop member at Stained Glass and Pottery (Nadia Miller)
April 2018 – Current
Gallery member at St Agnes Station Crafts
I have also attended the following:
- Numerous books and online tutorials with Bob Leatherbarrow (glass powders and the crackle technique)
- Several online tutorials with Paul Messink (working with enamel multi-layered glass panels)
- Several books and online tutorials with Mark Hufford (fused glass painting)
- Several online tutorials with Glenda Kronke (further exploration with glass powders)
- 3 day workshop in Bristol with Barbara Cashman (SilkeMat)
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON…